Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Andy's Tendonitis Update From the Dr.

Just an update on everything on with regards to my leg...

This morning we went to my Podiatrist to get the ankle looked at after being in a cast and boot for the past five weeks. My tendon is making progress but not enough to go forward with the Hip Replacement in mid June. This is not a complete surprise because I am still in a good bit of pain. I am going to need to wear the boot for three more weeks. That's the bad news. The good news is that I am off the crutches and will be doing PT. I can also drive if I take the boot off. Unfortunately due to my hip I can't really put my boot on by myself. Since being put in the boot Abi has had that chore.

In the end what we have gained is the ability for me to move around the house on my own and not be completely dependent on Abi. This is a major gain at this time. Even though I can drive I just don't know how much I am because of my inability to wear the boot after driving. Like everything in a couple of days we will have it figured out. Its just a thing of time.

Since being diagnosed with the Tendonitis we have met with the Orthopedic Surgeon (OS) twice. He wants to make sure that the tendon is fully healed because there could be major complications to the hip replacement that could be avoided. While I am miserable with the hip. It can't get any worse than what it is now. Another couple of weeks won't make a difference. This morning we called his office to get a new surgery date. We are waiting to hear back. Once we get that date we will share with everyone.

Abi and I can't thank everyone enough for their support with everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment