Today is Thanksgiving. We have had a lot going on in the last 2 months. It's been a rough time. But Andy and I are very thankful to God and our amazing family and friends for so many blessings.
- We are thankful for our time in Germany - we really enjoyed all the new experiences, travel opportunities, and some great friends we made while there. Our time there ended much sooner than we expected, but we are thankful that we had nearly 7 months there. We left at the end of October and are also thankful for a smooth trip back to the US.
- We are thankful for the many experiences that Andy had while working for the American Red Cross. He is no longer working for them and is excited to be looking for a new career with new challenges.
- We are thankful that I was able to get a new job in the States so quickly (I actually interviewed and was offered the job while we were still packing up in Germany) - I am back to work for the big company I was at a few years ago, but in a different capacity - I'm learning the home loan side of things now.
- We are so thankful to our parents who have let us crash at their homes - my parents in Baltimore when we first got back to the US and now with Andy's dad and step-mother here in NC while we look for a new place to live and wait for our furniture to get here from Germany. We really, really appreciate all of their help and support while things are a little crazy for us.
- Thankful to some awesome new friends in Germany who were a huge help to us the last few weeks we were there - they prayed for us, watched our dog, helped us stay sane, let us borrow a few things, spend the night when all of our furniture was gone, and drove us to the airport. Thanks again and we miss you all so much!
- Thankful to our friends and family here who welcomed us back! We are so happy to get to see many of you again. And we are so thankful for all of your support and prayers.
- We are thankful for the answered prayer of a new to us (used) SUV that we bought in Baltimore for a great price. It's a really fun SUV that has more than we even needed, with seat warmers and a DVD player.
and thankful for a fun weekend trip to Austria right before we left Europe.