Here's a little look at our week in instagram photos....
- Nutella make a frustrating morning of getting lost better! Love that everywhere serves it here!
- Decided I needed to get a good rain/waterproof coat for all the rain we get - couldn't find a good one here so found one like Andy's Columbia 3-in-one that he likes so well (that I sometimes borrow) that was brand new on Ebay and got it this week. I like it and used it already on a rainy day - just wish they had a petite size so it wasn't so long, but oh well. It's going to be a good Germany coat.
- Came home to a fire truck at the building across the street. Luckily it was only a false alarm. I did find out that the Baumholder fire team is really good though and it is all volunteer. The German lady I was talking to about it was telling me that it is a great hobby for a lot of people in the town - they train a lot and really enjoy volunteering.
- Did a German culture class on base this week that was interesting - I'll do a separate post on it later. But this was a photo from the day we took a bus to a neighboring town and went to a restaurant together.
- I liked these hats at the market.
- Another day in the culture class we took the train - they have a great train system and I really want to learn to use it...the challenge is the language and making sure we can navigate the right stops since they just call them out over the speaker once.
- The place we took the train to was a really interesting spot - a barefoot park. It's literally a hour and a half hike barefoot through different types of terrain to give your feet different experiences. They keep it very safe and clean by constantly checking to make sure no trash or glass or anything on the path. It was really interesting - I have more photos and I'll do a post on it next week.
- The first part of the barefoot park - going through mud.
- And afterwards we grabbed some ice - German ice cream - and took the train back home.
As of today we have been in Germany for one month! It has seemed to go by both quickly and been a long month at the same time. We have been busy and just have been learning so much that it's hard to believe that it is just now a month. And it seems like a long time ago that we packed up our things and have had to be wearing the same clothes we packed and we are always missing things that are still on the way. Hope our things get here soon!