this week we are thankful for….
- work stuff not being too crazy for either of us
- Andy’s big volunteer recognition program planning going so well – he has gotten a 3 star general to agree to attend and also a proclamation from the governor declaring that April 2010 is North Carolina’s American Red Cross Service to Armed Forces Volunteer month. Maybe I’ll have him do a post on this at some point – getting the proclamation was a neat process that he found out about and initiated. I’m really proud of him!
- me managing to workout pretty consistently for the past couple of weeks…feels good!
- Andy being able to do more in physical therapy – he’s doing more exercises to strengthen his leg and hip.
- yummy brownies I made last night for us to take to our jobs today.
- that it’s the beginning of spring tomorrow…and it’s going to feel like it – the forecast is 70 degrees and gorgeous!
- for our families and a very fun weekend planned. I’ll probably have lots of pictures to post on Monday.
- for Andy’s dad – Happy Birthday! We are so thankful to you for helping us out so much recently and that we are able to live close and come and visit often.
- for my awesome brother, Patrick, whose birthday is today – Happy Birthday!
“A car is made to run on gasoline, and it would not run properly on anything else. Now God designed the human machine to run on Himself. He Himself is the fuel our spirits were designed to burn, or the food our spirits were designed to feed on. There is no other. That is why it is just no good asking God to make us happy in our own way. God cannot give us happiness and peace apart from Himself, because it is not there. There is no such thing.” C.S. Lewis